Thursday, April 24, 2008

24-04-08: I am becoming an alchemist

My project is getting on some odd ways. In order to make anti-TfR-Gold conjugate, I have to prepare some colloidal gold. In fact, no one here knows how to do it - even those guys in the EM facility. And the result is that I am becoming an alchemist.
First of all, I have to clean all containers, and use MiliQ water. How to clean them? Aqua regia (1 aliquot of concentrated nitric acid and 3 aliquot of concentrated hydrochloric acid) -_, The coolest liquid in the world. Oops I can not drop my wedding ring into it, coz it will be dissolved. This is a disaster to the fume cupboard, the table top surface was eroded by the spilled aqua regia. After cleanning, all glasswares must be siliconized, this is easier.
I finally received my chemicals this afternoon and all these containers were suddenly useful. Well, I will write this part later, I have to leave for now. Sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home