Wednesday, June 06, 2007

06-06-07 (2)

I haven't received the package - what package? The CD and the book! my friend! Whatever...

Briefly, I changed my web browser from Internet Explorer 7.0 to Firefox (don't know the exact version, the latest one), and tomorrow Richard will kindly provide me Karpaskey (?). Emm... yes the Karpaskey (?) here is an anti-virus software. It all began ~20 days ago, at that time I was trying to find a cracked version of Zuma Deluxe, and then... then, when ran a .exe file in a downloaded .zip package, I was infected by an unkonwn virus/spyware/etc,. It was easy to tell since I can find a newly created file at C:\, and it respawns when you delete it... Then I occasionally encounter the famous "blue screen" and "service fail, restart in 1 minute" thing.
I told this story to Christina today, shen then suggested me to ask Richard for an antivirus software. She recommended Firefox as well, that's why I changed the browser. I hope the bloody things will end tomorrow.

Btw, I gave Richard my portable hard disk today, he is a metal fan, eager for the 120 GB metal in my disk. He will copy everything in the 1 TB server of our lab, crazy, but good.

Aimee received an email with 4 attachments from the Univ. of Manchester. Both of us were confused by the offer letter - the mail used a title of PhD programme, but the contents inside used Master of Philosophy, moreover, the programme length is 3 years. We sent a mail back asking for explanation.
Good thing here is that, the univ. asks her to attend a 5-week pre-session English course, and this means, she may come here in July! Let's celebrate, praise to the univ.!

Ahhh... Looking forward, hoping receiving the package tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home